Workplace health costs nz businesses in excess of $3bn per annum
Protect your business now!
Were you aware of the following health statistics of NZ businesses?
- Encouraging physical activity in the workplace can reduce absenteeism by up to 32% (WHO 2011)
- It is estimated that 63% of NZ’s sedentary work population are currently obese
- The cost of poor health management in the workplace is estimated to cost up to $1500 per employee (WHO 2011)
- 3.5% of the workforce suffer from untreated mental illnesses (govt. health report 2015)
The Ministry of Health recommends businesses have a plan in place to combat some of the issues that can affect employee heath. Your plan could include stress management, flu vaccines and ways to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
SSMC can work with your business to audit the health of the employees and help you put actions in place that will reduce absenteeism and most importantly improve the wellbeing of your people.
preparing for a healthy workforce in winter
Autumn is the best time to build a plan for a healthy winter in the workplace.
There are some things you can do to ensure people stay well and reduce the spread of disease. These include:
- Offering free flu vaccines to staff
- Installing hand sanitisers at workstations
- Setting up a policy that encourages employees to stay home if sick